I cannot possibly put another piece of food in my mouth. OK, I could, but I would feel dirty and sick. The HCG hormone already suppresses the appetite, so I just end up feeling like Jabba The Hut. I'd rather be in Leia's position. Awesome bod and a kick ass bikini. Working on it...
In case you have no idea what I am talking about, today was day 2 of Loading - Last Day of Phase One on the HCG Diet. I moseyed out of bed a little before 9am, administered my injection, showered, dressed and had breakfast. Breakfast consisted of a really thick peanut butter and jelly sandwich on wheat with a chocolate soy milk yogurt. This afternoon's delicacy was left over meat laden pizza slices from Rocco's and a Mountain Dew. At other times I drank large amounts of Crystal Light - the kind made with sugar. Not the artificial crap. I know this sounds strange coming from one who gorged the last two days, but Aspartame - that shit will kill you. No joke.
This evening Jon and I played the "where do YOU want to eat" game. We decided on Bub's which is a great bar with a damn good menu for what it is. (It's pronounced "Boobs") We went with the appetizer sampler. Jon had a reuben with onion rings. I chose a cajun burger with mozzarella, peppers, onions and guacamole. Jon entertained the idea of ice cream. It made me want to hurl. However, after a trip to the grocery store, we did manage to crack open the cookie dough and the two of us indulged while watching "The Daily Show". I finished the dough off. There is no possible way I could be more disgusted with myself then I feel right now. It's OK. It's over. Thank. God.
Tonight's trip to the grocery store was an in/out success. Since I have been on HCG before, (and the diet is the same for the injections as the drops for the most part) it was easy to fall back into habit, grabbing what I would need. The above picture illustrates it all. There is chicken thawing in the fridge that I have had for a while which is not in the shot. (My protein rotation will be fish, chicken, beef. Turkey is not allowed. Some people eat it, but then could stall in their weight loss.) The clear-like stick is crystal body deodorant which is to be used during HCG instead of other deodorants.
I managed to get my last run on the elliptical at the gym today. A whole hour on interval mode. Felt good! When on the elliptical I usually try to catch up on CSI. Not the crap CSI - the Las Vegas one. It never disappoints. Having that time to myself means a lot. With classes starting on Monday, and rehearsals for the Vagina Monologues beginning on Sunday, time to myself will soon become nil. To give you a taste of my upcoming weeks schedule - here's an example:
Saturday
Work on freelance stuff, and regular work duties. (I need to catch up due to last weeks illness)
Memorize monologue for The Vagina Monologues
Sunday
Work on memorization on monologue for The Vagina Monologues
2 PM - 3:30 Belly Dance Class
4 PM - 6 Vagina Monologues Rehearsal
Mondays
8 AM Work
12-12:50 Class
1 PM Work
2 PM Class
3 PM Work till I am done with tasks for the day
Tuesday
8 AM-4 PM Work
Wednesday
8 AM Work
12-12:50 Class
1 PM Work
2 PM Class
3 PM Work till I am done with tasks for the day
6 PM Winona Variety Show Meeting (I'm working with the committee and performing. Luckily there are only two rehearsals, and one performance.)
Thursday
8 AM - 10:50 LAB/Class
11 AM Work
2 PM Class
3 PM Work till I am done with tasks for the day
Friday
8 AM Work
2 PM Class
3 PM Work till I am done with tasks for the day
You might be wondering when I take lunch. I normally work through it since I have a mini fridge and microwave in my office. Since I will be packing all my meals, it actually makes the day easier. An 8 AM start will be a challenge for me. I usually get in between 9 and 10. Let's call it a "New Year's Resolution". It's a more practical start time since classes will be happening during my work shift. I want to be out of my office at a reasonable hour. It doesn't always work that way. Sometimes I have 12+ hour long days. It all depends on what is happening in the community. Somewhere in my schedule will be homework and blogging. The most important thing to me is maintaining a happy and healthy relationship with my husband through all of this. I love him so much, it's ridiculous! He is such a great support to me and all my endeavors. I am a lucky lady. While I am going through HCG, he is putting himself on a diet as well. Just not the same one.
Till tomorrow!
Hi Teri, I am also heading into phase 2 tomorrow. Can you tell me where you got the crystal body deodorant? Thank you!
ReplyDeleteHi Kelley!
ReplyDeleteI bought the deodorant at the Bluff Country Co-op here in town. Pretty much any Co-op/Health Food store should carry it. However, a lot of the ones geared towards women have oils in them. I bought one that said "for men" and it is just a stick of mineral salt. That's what you're looking for. Nothing fancy.
On another note, I bought dove soap (in bar form). That seemed to have less oil additives. Check the labels. I hope this helps! Good luck on your journey!