Yesterday was the first day for me on Phase II of the HCG Diet. Since I managed to gorge myself sufficiently, I felt no hunger on Saturday.
Today I slept in late, performing the injection about 38 minutes later than normal. I showered with my regular body wash because I forgot to reach for the bar soap. (Yes, you have to avoid oils even in soap.) It's going to be a hard habit to break.
I reviewed my monologue, put in some laundry, and then started cooking two pounds of chicken on the George Foreman grill. I cut up the chicken in 3.5 ounce servings before cooking, seasoned them with a chipotle seasoning and some with a thai seasoning. None of the seasonings I used contained sugar. I also steamed a bunch of green beans. Everything was then packed away in individual containers so if I need to I can just "grab and go".
For those of you wondering what a typical day will look like while on 500 calories, read below:
Breakfast:
Tea or Coffee. No sweetener.
Lunch:
3.5 oz (weight pre-cooked) Protein of Chicken, Lean Beef, or fish (think tilapia, cod, ect.)
One Veggie: Think greens, radishes, tomatoes, red pepper, green pepper, onion
One Fruit: Pink Grapefruit, Apple, Strawberries, Oranges, Lemon, Lime
Half a melba toast or a Grissini Breadstick (12 cal)
Dinner:
3.5 oz (weight pre-cooked) Protein of Chicken, Lean Beef, or fish (think tilapia, cod, ect.)
One Veggie: Think greens, radishes, tomatoes, red pepper, green pepper, onion
One Fruit (Pink Grapefruit, Apple, Strawberries, Oranges)
Half a melba toast or a Grissini Breadstick (12 cal)
You are not to repeat the same vegetable, fruit, or meat in the same day. You are not to combine meats, fruits, or veggies either. If you cannot hit the 500 calories, you should make it up with veggies preferably. However, fruit can be acceptable too.
So yesterday I had a can of Tuna in Water for my lunch protein and 96/4 red meat at dinner - which I formed into a patty, then cooked in a pan with chopped green pepper. The patty broke up, and it was like an odd casserole, but it was fine. It tasted alright. My fruits were strawberry and and apple, and my veggies were green pepper and spinach. I also had a melba toast.
Today I had the chicken for lunch with green beans and half a melba toast. I forgot my fruit before running out the door for my belly dance lesson which is a 30 minute commute. Dance class went over (which I do not mind AT ALL because I love that class) which made me late to the first rehearsal for the Vagina Monologues. I had emailed the directors previously to let me know that I might run late. Thankfully they are changing group rehearsal times to 4:30. I was mildly hungry when I got to rehearsal. By the end I was REALLY hungry.
I arrived home, had an orange, finished the last half of a melba toast, cracked open a can of tuna, and steamed a bag and a half of spinach. I later had two apples. One medium, one large. Slicing the Apples, I then sprinkled some cinnamon and stevia (natural sweetener from a plant leaf that does not count as sugar) over them, and nuked the apples for 4 min. Taaaa-Daaaa! Baked apple dessert! I had two apples due to the fact that I was having a hard time reaching 500 calories for the day, and I could not bring myself to more spinach or other greens.
Tomorrow school starts and thus ends winter break. For the first time since 2004 I am back in a classroom as a student. I am nervous and excited at the same time! I have to end this seeing I still need to transfer more laundry over, and call it a night. To meet my goal of being to work at 8, I need to get to bed earlier.
Later!
No comments:
Post a Comment